Close Menu
    Trending
    • Klay Thompson gave up $9.8M in Mavericks buyout to join Heat
    • Fans erupt as Devdutt Padikkal lights up Colombo with sensational century on Day 1 of second Test
    • Comments show Deshaun Watson has regressed on and off the field
    • Uly Diaz Warns Jonathan Fuentes Before BKB 58: “I’ve Been Through Wars”
    • NFL Catchup: Shedeur Sanders Outplays Deshaun Watson; Stetson Bennett Stars In LA
    • Line-ups confirmed for Premier League clash on the South Coast
    • Rich Paul says he protected Peyton Watson from playoff return
    • Former England captain Ben Stokes says it is ‘shambolic’ not to take Ashes Test to Headingley
    Ironside Sports Media
    • Home
    • Latest News
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • More
      • MMA
      • Football News
      • Formula 1
    Ironside Sports Media
    You are at:Home»MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)»Frederic Vosgröne Withdraws From OKTAGON 83 Due To Shoulder Injury
    MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

    Frederic Vosgröne Withdraws From OKTAGON 83 Due To Shoulder Injury

    Ironside Sports MediaBy Ironside Sports MediaJanuary 26, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link


    German submission specialist Frederic Vosgröne has been pressured out of his scheduled bout at OKTAGON 83 in Stuttgart this Saturday, January 31, as a consequence of a shoulder damage sustained during training. The withdrawal marks a major setback for the European promotion’s card at Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle, coming simply 5 days earlier than struggle night time.

    Frederic Vosgröne Withdraws from OKTAGON 83

    Vosgröne was set to face undefeated Honduran fighter Jesus Samuel Chavarria in a catchweight bout at 87 kilograms. The matchup had generated appreciable curiosity as each fighters entered with good information—Vosgröne at 5-0 and Chavarria at 7-0. In accordance with obtainable data, Vosgröne suffered the shoulder damage throughout coaching camp, which finally required him to tug out of the competition.

    Unfortunately, Frédéric Vosgröne has suffered an injury so isn’t able to compete at OKTAGON 83 this weekend.

    His shoulder was hurt in training which requires a longer period of recovery. pic.twitter.com/8p2fcE4ADM

    — OKTAGON (@OktagonOfficial) January 26, 2026

    The 29-year-old German grappler has constructed a popularity as one among Europe’s most compelling prospects since becoming a member of OKTAGON in April 2025. All 5 of his skilled wins have come by submission, along with his most up-to-date victory occurring at OKTAGON 76 in September 2025, when he submitted Fabio Moraes through rear-naked choke within the first spherical. His dominant grappling credentials embody a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and the 2020 Polaris UK Grand Prix championship.​

    This marks the second time Vosgröne has withdrawn from an OKTAGON event due to injury. In June 2025, he was forced out of OKTAGON 72 after suffering an infection following a previous injury. The latest setback is particularly unfortunate given that Vosgröne had been preparing for a weight cut to 192 pounds, moving down from his usual light heavyweight division at 205 pounds.

    OKTAGON 83 will proceed with a featherweight title fight between Niko Samsonidse and Mochamed Machaev serving as the main event. The card also features several notable matchups, including former UFC veteran Lucie Pudilova against Katharina Lehner, and undefeated prospect Alina Dalaslan facing Karolina Sobek.

    The promotion has not yet announced whether Chavarria will receive a replacement opponent or if the bout will be rescheduled. Given the short notice nature of the withdrawal, occurring less than a week before the event, finding a suitable replacement for either fighter presents logistical challenges.

    No timetable has been provided for Vosgröne’s return to competition. The shoulder injury will require recovery time before the submission specialist can resume full training and preparation for his next bout.





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Ironside Sports Media
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Uly Diaz Warns Jonathan Fuentes Before BKB 58: “I’ve Been Through Wars”

    August 23, 2026

    Merab Dvalishvili Shares Encouraging Update On Ilia Topuria

    August 23, 2026

    Hernandez Vs Rodrigues – Prelim Results And Highlights

    August 23, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Cowboys’ Jerry Jones sends contract message to George Pickens

    August 15, 2026

    Bengals, All-Pro DE Trey Hendrickson Agree to New 1-Year, $30 Million Deal

    August 26, 2025

    ODI cricket still a valued format in congested calendar, says Jos Buttler

    February 5, 2025

    How the Pacers pulled off a comeback stunner in Game 1 of the NBA Finals

    June 6, 2025

    Gable Steveson releases statement after shocking loss in NCAA Wrestling Finals: ‘We live for moments like these’

    March 24, 2025
    Categories
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Football News
    • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    About Us

    Welcome to Ironside Sports Media, your ultimate destination for all things sports! Whether you're a passionate fan, a curious newcomer, or a seasoned athlete, we bring you closer to the action with the latest updates, expert insights, and in-depth coverage of your favorite sports.

    We aim to inspire and connect sports enthusiasts worldwide by delivering high-quality, engaging, and reliable content. Through our blog, we celebrate the power of sports to unite, entertain, and inspire people across the globe.

    Thank you for visiting Ironside Sports Media. Let’s dive into the exciting world of sports together!

    Our Picks

    Klay Thompson gave up $9.8M in Mavericks buyout to join Heat

    August 23, 2026

    Fans erupt as Devdutt Padikkal lights up Colombo with sensational century on Day 1 of second Test

    August 23, 2026

    Comments show Deshaun Watson has regressed on and off the field

    August 23, 2026
    Categories
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Football News
    • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    Copyright Ironsidesportsmedia.com All Rights Reserved.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.