Close Menu
    Trending
    • The ‘NBA All-Star MVPs’ quiz
    • Kamaru Usman Eyes Two Title Shots In 2026, Lays Out Massive Plans
    • Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He’d Be ‘Blessed And Honored’ To Play For Raiders
    • Report, result and goals as Blaugrana suffer huge setback in title chase
    • Fatima Sana’s all-round show helps Pakistan beat South Africa in 3rd WT20I to avoid series whitewash
    • Former NFL GM sends Rodgers warning to Steelers amid reports
    • Belal Muhammad Teams Up With Ms Rachel To Support Children In Palestine
    • Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Says He’s ‘Turned the Page’ on Blue Jays’ World Series Heartbreak
    Ironside Sports Media
    • Home
    • Latest News
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • More
      • MMA
      • Football News
      • Formula 1
    Ironside Sports Media
    You are at:Home»Cricket»Graeme Smith explains why there is no Indian player in SA20 Auction pool
    Cricket

    Graeme Smith explains why there is no Indian player in SA20 Auction pool

    Ironside Sports MediaBy Ironside Sports MediaSeptember 6, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    There was rising anticipation that recently-retired Indian cricketers Ravichandran Ashwin and Piyush Chawla would function within the SA20 Public sale, scheduled for September 9, 2025. Nevertheless, to the shock of many, not a single Indian cricketer managed to make it to the ultimate listing of gamers who will go beneath the hammer.

    This 12 months, as many as 13 Indian gamers, together with Ashwin and Chawla, had submitted their entries. Their absence from the ultimate listing has develop into a significant speaking level, particularly since Dinesh Karthik turning into the primary Indian to play within the final season of SA20 league.

    Greame Smith clarifies why no Indian participant within the 2025 SA20 Public sale listing

    Addressing the difficulty, SA20 League Commissioner Greame Smith defined why Indian names had been lacking from the ultimate draft. In keeping with him, the supply of Indian gamers is at all times unsure and largely depending on their retirement standing.

    “Indian gamers is at all times a fluid state of affairs relying on who’s retiring and who’s obtainable. I believe it was like 13 or 14 Indian gamers within the public sale,” Smith stated in a digital media interplay with Indian shops.

    “What we do is we ship the public sale lists, which was over 800 names, to the franchises. They then ship us their short-list again after which we collate a shortened listing that goes to the public sale.”

    Smith highlighted that Indian cricketers are eligible for franchise leagues like SA20 solely as soon as they retire fully from all types of cricket and step away from BCCI commitments.

    SA20 Public sale 2025: Slots and construction

    The upcoming SA20 Public sale will see 25 abroad slots and 59 South African locations up for grabs. With a big participant pool and restricted availability, franchises are anticipated to concentrate on filling key roles with affect gamers.

    Regardless of the absence of Indian stars, the competitors is predicted to draw world consideration, given its rising recognition and the presence of high worldwide names.

    Additionally READ: Chris Morris predicts the most sought-after player in SA20 2025 auction

    Sourav Ganguly to teach Pretoria Capitals in SA20 2025

    Talking about former India captain Sourav Ganguly’s appointment as the full-time head coach of Pretoria Capitals, Smith stated: “For us, it’s thrilling to have a coach of Dada’s high quality. The standard of coaches throughout the board is thrilling. It’s an publicity to our gamers to nice minds. Dada goes to come back and do issues in his personal method. Delhi Capitals didn’t have the most effective 12 months final 12 months. I’m certain he will likely be motivated on the public sale to get a high quality group of gamers to take ahead into the season,” Smith stated.

    Additionally READ: Aiden Markram parts ways with Kavya Maran-owned SA20 franchise; full list of retained players inside

     



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Ironside Sports Media
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Fatima Sana’s all-round show helps Pakistan beat South Africa in 3rd WT20I to avoid series whitewash

    February 17, 2026

    WATCH: Irfan Pathan trolls Pakistan fans with fun dance video after India’s dominant T20 World Cup 2026 victory

    February 17, 2026

    WATCH: Pathum Nissanka pulls off a screamer to dismiss Glenn Maxwell in AUS vs SL T20 World Cup 2026 game

    February 16, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Rockets believe Amen Thompson is a star in the making

    May 6, 2025

    Harry Kane double given Bayern victory while Qarabag leave it late

    January 22, 2026

    ACC Commissioner on Notre Dame: ‘We Have a Responsibility To Support Our Teams’

    December 9, 2025

    IND vs ENG: Shreyas Iyer drops a bombshell statement on Virat Kohli’s absence from the Nagpur ODI

    February 7, 2025

    Aaron Gordon on Nikola Jokic’s MVP case: He got MVP last year and he’s even better this year

    February 20, 2025
    Categories
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Football News
    • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    About Us

    Welcome to Ironside Sports Media, your ultimate destination for all things sports! Whether you're a passionate fan, a curious newcomer, or a seasoned athlete, we bring you closer to the action with the latest updates, expert insights, and in-depth coverage of your favorite sports.

    We aim to inspire and connect sports enthusiasts worldwide by delivering high-quality, engaging, and reliable content. Through our blog, we celebrate the power of sports to unite, entertain, and inspire people across the globe.

    Thank you for visiting Ironside Sports Media. Let’s dive into the exciting world of sports together!

    Our Picks

    The ‘NBA All-Star MVPs’ quiz

    February 17, 2026

    Kamaru Usman Eyes Two Title Shots In 2026, Lays Out Massive Plans

    February 17, 2026

    Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He’d Be ‘Blessed And Honored’ To Play For Raiders

    February 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Badminton
    • Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Football News
    • Formula 1
    • Latest News
    • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
    • NBA
    • Sports Trends
    Copyright Ironsidesportsmedia.com All Rights Reserved.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.